Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion

I was finishing this entry while watching the Super Bowl, I'm not the biggest fan of football; however I'm suffering because I wanted Panthers to win. At least the show was amazing, for me Queen B and Bruno Mars nailed it, so much style.

The product of today is one of my staples for having a better skin. Clinique tells us this about its Mild clarifying lotion:


"Dermatologist-developed formula softens and soothes dry, sensitive skins. Sweeps away dulling flakes so moisturizer can do its job better. Gel-like formula delivers gentle, non-stinging refreshment."


This product is what many people calls "acid toner", because it has salicylic acid in a low concentration: 0.5% (you can only find over the counter products with no more than 2% of salicylic acid). Salicylic acid is best known for helping unclogging pores, so even though Clinique recommends it for dry and sensitive skin, it's a good option for oily and acne-prone skin.

Due to the fact of being an acid toner it has an exfoliating effect, so the brand is saying the truth about helping moisturizer to absorb better.  This is one of the gentlest product I've used, Clinique was saying the truth about that, it also helps the fact it's alcohol-free, which makes it non-drying; however I feel it doesn't give more hydration. About feeling some kind of refreshment that happens with any toner for me, so nothing groundbreaking here.

The product is a light green thick liquid that doesn't have any real smell. The bottle has 200 ml and it last me using it twice a day around 2-3 months; you don't need a lot of product I only soak around a third part of a cotton pad and is enough to use both side all over the face and neck. Remember to shake it before use.

In my experience it helps to get a mild exfoliation and to help reducing the quantity of break outs or pimples you get; however due to the low concentration of salicylic acid I consider this product more of a maintenance product rather than one to attack aggressively acne. Yes I still get pimples but the amount is reduced by using this and in my case I prefer that instead of drying more my dehydrated skin, because many toners with salicylic acid have tons of alcohol.

A bottle costs 14 USD and is available in Clinique counters and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment